If you are familiar with the various THCs like Delta 9 THC and Delta-8 THC products, you might know that the shelf life of Delta-9 is low. When it comes in direct contact with warmth, sunlight, or oxygen, it gets oxidized or degraded to form a cannabinoid that might make you relaxed or sleepy, but not high.
As you know, Delta-8 is closely related to Delta-9, but they are not twins. According to a study, a fundamental difference between the two is that delta 9 forms a biologically inactive cannabinoid when exposed to oxygen. While delta 8 is relatively stable with a longer shelf life.
Undoubtedly, delta 8 is itself a degraded form. It still expires eventually. So, through this article, you will know how to store the Delta 8 products.
Delta-8 is not a very fragile cannabinoid. Thus, the way to store it is pretty simple. However, stay careful as there are chances that something ( maybe any other cannabinoids or terpenes) ruins the potency of your THC.
The Storage techniques of Delta-8 are almost similar to Delta-9. Like any other cannabinoid, Delta-8 also comes in various forms. Each form includes Delta-8 but the way to store them differs because of the difference in their shelf life.
Here is the list of major Delta-8 THC products and the way to keep them safe.
- Storing Delta-8 THC Cartridges
It doesn’t feel enjoyable when you are ready to vape the delta-8 cartridges after a long time for some relaxation, but instead, find it’s clogged or, when you vape, you do not get the potency expected. A possible reason behind this is inadequate storage techniques.
If you have ever used cartridges, you might know that they come in packed tubes. This packaging reduces the risk of oxidation of Delta-8. So, you can carry the cartridges in your pockets and bags without any problem. However, if you want to increase their shelf life and take the benefit for a long time, you should think of storing cartridges in a dark, cool place.
So when you are not in a mood to use your stock of cartridges for long, keep it in an airtight container. Then keep that container in the dark place, where the sunlight does not directly fall. So, the area stays cool. These techniques will remove the tiny possibilities of lost potency and also clogging.
- Storing Delta-8 THC Tincture
Delta-8 THC tinctures are growing in popularity. You might want to buy a good amount of tincture so that you can use it whenever you want. But the fear of degradation might stop you from doing so. However, you should not worry.
Tinctures usually come in dark color bottles made of glass. These bottles are made to keep the tincture safe from the outside environment. The glass bottle with other components present in tinctures makes it one of the most long-lasting products among other Delta-8 THC products. But when you want to consume tincture for a long time without purchasing it again and again, you should still keep these glass bottles away from sunlight.
- Storing Delta-8 Edibles
The techniques are a little more complicated than the other two forms ( tinctures and cartridges) when it comes to storing edibles. Edibles are of different types. There are candies, gummies, baked goods, etc.
Various techniques to stores them are:
- Baked Goods
If you have prepared cookies or pastries with Delta-8 THC, you will probably eat them in a short period only. However, if you plan to store them, then here is the way. Keep all the cookies in an airtight container. Put the container in a cool place away from sunlight. It maintains the integrity of THC in baked goods.
When it comes to candies or products individually wrapped in packets, it is best to open the package once you are ready to eat one. Also, soft candies might melt easily at room temperature ( even if sunlight does not reach there). Thus, it is better to keep them in cool places if you hate melted ones.
- THC Gummies
Proper storage of Delta-8 THC Gummies primarily affects their effectiveness, taste, and potency. Below are a few ways to increase the effectiveness of gummies for the longest possible period.
- Keep Gummies in a Sealed Container- Sealed container limits the penetration of heat and oxygen into the product. These things degrade or break down the cannabinoids. In the absence of them, the shelf life of gummies increases.
- Store in a Dry and Cool Place- Make sure you keep the container in a cool place away from the harsh rays of the Sun. You can opt for a drawer or a cabinet.
- Keep Them Away from Humidity or Moist Climate- A vital factor that widely affects the potency of gummies is moist climate. Direct exposure to humidity can make your gummies less tasty and effective.
So, now you know the storing techniques of Delta-8 products. You can use them and enjoy the benefits of Delta-8. However, some commonly asked questions regarding Delta-8 shelf life if it does not get required storage conditions. The subsequent section discusses some of the related facts.
Various Facts on Delta-8 THC
Some general facts related to the shelf life of delta-8 are:
- The shelf life of delta-8 is stable. There are expectations by researchers that soon pharmaceutical products that stay on home shelves for years might use delta-8.
- Not all products but only with some simple precautions l=you can keep delta-8 fresh for a long time.
- Each product varies in shelf life. When you purchase a delta-8 product, pay close attention to its expiry dates. It is vital because products also contain various other compounds like flavors, terpenes, cannabinoids, etc.
- If you keep the products in a cool and dry place, you can easily store them for up to six months. The date might also increase to one year.
These are some facts vital for you to know before storing delta-8 products.
So, delta 8 is a product with a good shelf life, but storage is vital to stop the degradation of other compounds present in it. Also, to check whether your product is safe for consumption or not, you can check its smell, color, or effectiveness ( by taking a tiny bite). This way, you can save yourself from a terrible delta-8 experience.